A 26-year-old man who told police he had been kidnapped by a couple, is expected to appear before the courts today on the offence of wasteful employment.
The man initially told police that he was kidnapped by a couple in dark clothing on Friday morning. He said he was beaten, bound with tie straps, blindfolded and placed in a trunk of a vehicle.
At the time he was driving his employer’s vehicle.
He said the suspects – including a woman – took the vehicle and later left him abandoned in Waterloo Road, Freeport.
A team of officers led by Sgt Modeste conducted inquiries.
However, they received intelligence which led them to re-interview the 26-year-old.
This was when the man broke down and told the truth and took the officers to an area off Basta Hall Village, Couva, where the vehicle was seen parked on the extreme left-hand side of the roadway, with the keys in the grass nearby.
Leave a Reply