A two-year-old is currently warded at the San Fernando General Hospital after sustaining injuries when a firework exploded during Divali celebrations in Barrackpore.
Police were told that around 7:45pm yesterday, the child was in the family’s Teelucksingh Trace yard with his six-year-old brother lighting deyas, when there was an explosion nearby, followed by the sighting of fireworks.
The toddler ran to his sibling holding his right arm which was bleeding.
The six-year-old raised an alarm, and the toddler was rushed for medical treatment.
An x-ray was done and an unidentified object was found lodged in the toddler’s arm.