NASSAU, BAHAMAS — Bahamians and residents who utilize public transportation were left out in the heat with little to no warning that the service had been suspended due to emergency orders yesterday.
The latest emergency order states: “No person shall offer for hire or seek to travel on any public bus transportation.”
It was released by the government shortly after 8pm on Monday.
Telon Henfield, 73, of Cowpen Road said he had been waiting on the bus stop on Blue Hill Road South for nearly 20 minutes before he was alerted that public transportation had stopped indefinitely.
Henfield, a dialysis patient, said he had not heard about the new emergency order.