They’ll need more than apologies.
Police hauled five suspects into custody for the brutal mistaken-identity killing of a Bronx teenager last week, NYPD sources said Sunday.
Cops tracked one suspect in the slaying to the Dominican Republic, and found as many as three more hiding in Paterson, N.J., sources said. The fifth suspect is in custody in the Bronx.
Police identified one of them as Kevin Alvarez, 19, of Van Nest, the Bronx, late Sunday night. He’s charged with murder, manslaughter, gang assault and assault. Charges against the others were pending.
The parents of Lesandro’s friends gathered outside the 48th Precinct stationhouse late Sunday night to get a glimpse of Alvarez as police led him outside.
“Chupacabra! F— you!” yelled Janet Zorilla, one of the parents. “You a——! He was just a baby!”
Lesandro’s mom, Leandra Feliz, said the arrests were little consolation for the loss of her beloved son.
“I don’t really feel happy. They have to pay for what they did. They killed an innocent little child,” she said. “The only thing I want is my son back, and I’m not going to have him anymore.”
The killers who dragged 15-year-old Lesandro (Junior) Guzman-Feliz out of a Belmont deli Wednesday, then hacked him to death with machetes, sent mea culpa messages to the teen’s family on Facebook, saying they murdered the wrong target by mistake.
Lesandro Guzman-Feliz, 15, got into an argument with two or three men outside a bodega on E. 183rd St. at Bathgate Ave., about a block away from his Belmont home, just before the attack, cops said.
As blood rushed from his neck, Guzman-Feliz bolted toward Third Avenue, making it to St. Barnabas Hospital — a block away from the crime scene, cops said. But doctors there couldn’t save him.
Police couldn’t say what sparked the argument, though cop sources said video footage showed the suspects wearing what looked like gang colors.