On Wednesday, it was announced that Carver County Attorney Mark Metz will announce in a press conference on Thursday whether or not any person — or multiple people — will be charged concerning the death of the legendary singer. The conference comes just two days before the two-year death anniversary of Prince.
The press conference will take place at the Carver County Justice Center in Minnesota at 11:30 a.m.
Prince was found dead in an elevator at his Paisley Park estate in Chanhassen, Minnesota, on April 21, 2016. In May 2016, a spokesperson for the US Attorney’s Office told ET that the DEA and US Attorney’s Office joined the local sheriff’s department to determine the cause of death following reports of alleged drug abuse.
In June 2016, the official autopsy report released by the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office called Prince’s death “accidental,” listing the cause as “Fentanyl toxicity” that was “self-administered.” A law enforcement source previously told CBS News that prescription drugs were found in Prince’s possession and at his Paisley Park estate at the time of his death. A source also previously told ET that the “Purple Rain” singer had a problem with the painkiller Percocet, which began shortly after he underwent hip replacement surgery in 2010.